View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Review Hellas RPG 
Rookie

Post Re: Review Hellas RPG
The Greek Myths by Robert Graves.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm
Am I a bot?

Ok I have all the logos done

Opinions?

HELLAS: Worlds of Sun and Stone http://www.hellasrpg.com, SCIFI in the world of Greek Legend

Visit us at http://www.godsendagenda.com

Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
King Spammer

Well I can Only say... YOU ROCK!!!!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 pm
Profile YIM
Regular Hobby Writter

I agree with nocture the art is ... AWSOME
and the fonts are perfect

You mised some letters here and thare (#1, #9)
ΑΙΓΣ -> ΑΙΓΙΣ
ΑΙΟΣ -> ΗΛΙΟΣ

But other than that the names are perfectly spelled

Thumbs up and waiting for the next suplement

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 am
Am I a bot?

Is the section of the book these logo go to. Its still a bit rough and needs to be polished and edited but I’m sure you’ll get the gist of what I’m attempting to do.

Let me know what you think

The Great Crafting House
Below is a list of the great crafting houses of the known worlds. The list is by no means absolute as there are many smaller and less well known guilds and corporations found locally on many worlds.
The ones listed below are the most well known and ubiquitous

Ægis Industries
Alecto Arms
Argosian Engines
Diadalos Innovations
Elegance by Pistis
Euthenia
Hatari League
Hektaries Industries
Helios Stardrives
Koeus Information Technologies
Phusis Arms
Thalassa Slipspace Technologies

Quote:
Why Crafting Guilds and Modifiers?
The reason is to give the Gm and players a variety of items that are not only the same but varied. Two heroes many have the same rifle but have different bonuses determined by the manufacturer. A small list of items can now be turned into a huge and varied list giving the GM more variety to offer in different locations of the Known Worlds.

Ægis Industries
In 2085 AE Karlos, a retired Spartan strategist who saw that the standard armors could be made as hard as the Spartan soul. Through years on experimentation and use the Spartan lost an eye, one hand, and accumulated several sprawling scars. When all was said and done Karlos formulated an alloy that was lighter and stronger than the standards being used. Hailed as a national hero Karlos founded Ægis Industries and began to produce his impenetrable armor for those who sought to protect against any assault that could be thrown against them. Each piece of armor is emblazoned with Karlos’s profile and the Spartan saying “Either with is or on this”.
Areas of Excellence & Game Bonus
Ægis Industries are considered Excellent for the sake of cost and durability
Areas of Expertise Modifiers/Notes
Armor/shields All Ægis Industries are considered Excellent quality. All Ægis Industries armor is finely crafted reducing the DEX penalty by 1.

Alecto Arms
A small weapons manufacturer in the Themiscyran system run by an seasoned Amazoran named Alecto and run by one of her many male concubines, Alecto arms has become the premier weapons manufacture of light assault weapons.
Known primarily for her ranged weapons that are intricately crafted by the hands of small boys, blessed by a notarized priestess of Artesia and has a seal of testing and approval stamped personally by Alecto herself after she has fired each weapon.
Alecto Arms are considered Excellent for the sake of cost and durability
Weapons (Fire arms) +1 Bonus to accuracy, and -1 to STR requirement

Argosian Engines
One of the best known space craft designers in the known worlds. Argosian Engines are known for making the craft for the everyman. Argosian Engines has manufacturing facilities in several systems in the Argos Region. None but Argosian Engines can make the claim of having one ship in every port since over their history they’ve produced hundreds of models of ships including the ever popular Sagittarius AE-41 which has been produced for the last 100 years.
Founded in 1841AE by two friends; the Hellene Obel the Younger and Many Handed Jamis the Zintar the company has spread through out the stars and has offices in all the known regions of space including Zoran system.
Argoisan craft are known for their ease of use and their uniformity in components. An Argosian ship can use parts from any other Argosian ship. Since parts are so easy to find and the ships are so ubiquitous repair is easy and cheap
Argosian Engine items are considered average for the sake of cost and durability
Vehicles Argosian Engines makes common everyday craft that are easily customizable. Repair and customization is far cheaper than other ships. When adding addition systems to a ship using build point reduce the cost by 20%

Diadalos Innovations
Founded in 1972AE by the skillful Hellene craftsman and artisan Diadalos the Great Maker. Diadalos Innovations (DI for short) manufactures many items in a number of areas from starships to hand held computers, to armor. Located on the world of Sicyon in Aeolia space the crafting house has flourished over the years with many astounding works that not only function with great precision but incredible elegance.
Some say the great house is cursed by Athena since its founder tried to kill his nephew Perdix (a favored soul of Athenia). Diadalos was forced to leave his home world of Athenoi and travel for several years before being offered refuge by the Kyklopes.
Although not banned DI items are never sold on Athenoi for fear it would anger the goddess of wisdom and modern thinking.
Any item made by Diadalos Innovations is considered Excellent quality and cost.
Armor/shields +1 to the listed PR
clothing +1 to CHA checks in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate.
Cosmetics, Perfumes, and Oils +1 to the listed modifier
Kybernetics +5 hit Points
Machina All machina have +1 to their Con.
Medicine Effects last 50% longer, +1 bonus to CHA checks in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate.
Miscellaneous Equipment +1 to the listed bonus. +1 bonus to CHA checks in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate.
Vehicles +1 to the listed HUL rating
Weapon +1 to the listed DR
Zintar Carapaces +15 to the listed Hit Points

Elegance by Pistis
A young courtesan with an eye for fashion and an ability to coordinate fabrics Psitis soon left her old profession behind and dove into the world of high fashion. The clothing of the young Nymphas are made form the best materials in the known worlds and are manufactured in her small arboreal factories deep in the forest of Delphoi. Pistis fashions are colorful and eye catching and are now worn by every entertainer, fashion conscious noble and upscale hero.
All Designs of Postis are Superior in quality
clothing +2 bonus in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate.
Cosmetics, Perfumes, and Oils +2 bonus in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate

Euthenia
A Hellene who says she builds lifestyles to make the common man great! She first burst onto the fashion scene creating in 2101 AE with the Olympos Cluster fashion line. The line was hailed as a success by all fashion conscious who wanted “a tasted of godhood” but reviled by the pious who believed that what she did was hubris. Euthenia has gone on to put an aspect of her creative soul into may different areas such as perfumes, cosmetics, and home wares.
All Euthenia items are of Excellent quality
clothing +1 bonus in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate.
Cosmetics, Perfumes, and Oils + 1 effect and last an addition 50% longer

Hatari League
The Hatari League is a honored tribe of Goregon craftsmen who came to prominence in 2074 AE. Located in orbit around Ceto the manufacturing facilities are now cutting edge state of the art. The Hatari League is known for its finely crafted hand to hand weapons and some say the secrets of their manufacture lie in a book given to the tribe founder by Areson himself. Not known for their artistic appeal the Hatari League weapons are known for their murdering abilities and dependability in battle. It is said that if a Hatari League weapon fails or breaks in battle the quality control officer who approved it is murdered by his fellow factory workers as recompense for the lack fervor he had in doing his job.
Weapons made by Hatari are considered Excellent quality and cost.
Weapon All melee weapons deal an additional +3DR

Hektaries Industries
A fairly new company founded in 2090 AE in the Theban system by a group of young technocrats looking to innovate the way people live in the modern world. Hektaries rivals Diadalos in excellence but at the cost of the fine workmanship the former is known for. Even though most items made by Hektaries outlast almost anything on the market some say it just doesn’t have much artistic flair.
Since its inception Hektaries Industries has been known primarily for their mechanical and electronic designs but have lately branched out into many different areas of living and their items are found through out the known worlds.
Any item made by Hektaries are considered Excellent quality and cost.
Armor/shields (Energy Shrouds) +5 PR
Kybernetics Shields giving a +2 bonus against EMPs
Machina +4 to any two skills the machina has
Miscellaneous Equipment (electronics) +2 on bonus offered (only on electronics)
Vehicles +3 on all SEN
Weapon -1DR, -2 STR requirement
Zintar Carapaces Shields giving a +2 bonus against EMPs

Helios Stardrives
The youngest crafting house to enter the world of spacecraft design and manufacture. Helios, a dashing young Zintar Designer, founded the company in 2100AE. Helios Stardrives is known for its fast sleek design with a focus on a younger trendier demographic. In the past few years every winning racing ship has been of Helios manufacture, this has caught the attention of the Atehnoi military who are considering switching to a Helios deigned fighter in the near future.
All Helios designed ships are known for their sleek design and striking red metallic color.
Areas of Excellence & Game Bonus[/i]
Any item made by Helios Stardrives are considered Excellent quality and cost.
Vehicles +3 on ACL, +5 on DCL, +10 on SPD, -2 on HUL

The known world leader in information systems retrieval and delivery systems. KIT is a group of Theban priest of Hephaeston who decided to manifest the crippled god in physical form through the use of electronics, software, and information storage and retrieval.
The guild of manufacturers boast that some holy technological relic created near the Theban temple moon resides on every person or in their homes throughout the known worlds.
Any item made by Koeus IT are considered Excellent quality and cost.
Machina +3 to any four skills the machina has
Miscellaneous Equipment (Scholar Chips amd Hand Comps) +2 skills per on scholar chips. Hand comps and scanners get a +2 bonus. All electronics receive a +1 bonus

Phusis Arms
A small Nymphas weapons manufacturer who rose to prominence in 2050AE. Phusis weapons are made almost 100% from natural and biodegradable materials found on some of the most verdant worlds. Each shipment of raw materials is blessed by both priest of Aemoteon and Areson to be the finest quality. In the most dire of situations components of the weapons can be broken down and eaten. All Phusis weapons are crafted to not only give the user the ability to kill quietly and with precision but are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It is said that some have died happy seeing the weapon of their destruction was a Phusis Arms weapon.
Any item made by Phusis Arms are considered Excellent quality and cost.
Weapon All Phusis Arms are considered Excellent quality and are very quite when used. In the direst of circumstances the weapons can be broken down, boiled and eaten. The weapon also gives the user a bonus +2 to CHA checks in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate

TST is the gold standard in luxury ship design through out the known worlds and is the ship of kings, aristocrats, and the obscenely wealthy. No ship carries as many creature comforts as even the most inexpensive TST ship which is considered a status symbol among the wealthy. Founded in 2091 by The Nephelai Lovely Voiced Io and her Nymphas business partner Erasmus Obul Heart to create ships of status for rich bankers on Korinthos. The company has manufacturing factories that orbit near the planet Aegina where myrmidon artisans slowly craft the trademark silver ships.
TST ships are not known for their excessive speed or combat prowess but are known for their comfortable living conditions when the need to travel far from home. The waiting list for one of the TST ships is normally backlogged several years as these ships are manufactured one at a time by the nimble hands of the myrmidons.
Any item made by Helios Stardrives are considered Superior quality and cost.
Vehicles The weapon also gives the user a bonus +2 to CHA checks in social situations where a show of finely crafted items would be appropriate. +2 HUL and an additional +10 Hit Points.

HELLAS: Worlds of Sun and Stone http://www.hellasrpg.com, SCIFI in the world of Greek Legend

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
King Spammer

I cannot verify the "technical" details as I would need to implement them on characters and check how the modifiers affect the game balance but your fluff is to the point! Very good up to now!

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:29 pm
Profile YIM
Am I a bot?

Anyone want to help thinking up slogans for each company? :P

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
King Spammer

Me me me :D I will try to think few ... when my brain can think something more than "Is the power cord in place?"

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 pm
Profile YIM
Regular Hobby Writter

you are better than me nocture ... all i'm thinking is ... : banana? .... poka banana? :p

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 pm
Site Admin

Jerry_Grayson wrote:
In the direst of circumstances the weapons can be broken down, boiled and eaten.

I guess this gives a whole new meaning to " If the plan dosnt work i ll eat my rifle "

σαν πειρατής θα τριγυρνάς ...

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 am
King Spammer

[quote="Jerry_Grayson"]Is the section of the book these logo go to. Its still a bit rough and needs to be polished and edited but I’m sure you’ll get the gist of what I’m attempting to do.

Let me know what you think

The Great Crafting House
Below is a list of the great crafting houses of the known worlds. The list is by no means absolute as there are many smaller and less well known guilds and corporations found locally on many worlds.
The ones listed below are the most well known and ubiquitous

Ægis Industries
"Tough as Hydra Scales"

Alecto Arms
"Blessed By Alecto"

Argosian Engines
"We know how to please you, we know how to help you travel Panthallassa. For easy sailing..."

Diadalos Innovations
"Dare to make the difference, dare to challenge the impossible"

Elegance by Pistis
"Your Pleasure is our passion"

Euthenia
"Give your self a touch of godhood"

Hatari League
"We keep them simple and effective
we keep you happy and alive"

Hektaries Industries
"There only true limit is our mind. We make everything happen"

Helios Stardrives
"Faster than Zeus Thunder"

Phusis Arms
"Silence shows Respect and we respect our clients"

I could not find something for the below. Hope it helps.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm
Profile YIM
Am I a bot?

Those are fantastic!

I love them :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Regular Hobby Writter

Koeus Information Technologies : "Share your Dreams with us ... We know how to make them real "
or
Koeus Information Technologies : " We can turn Your Dreams into Reality "

I prefer the second.

Thalassa Slipspace Technologies : "Only for the Elite" .
or
Thalassa Slipspace Technologies : "Traveling in one of our ships is the best experience money can buy".

I like them both I have to admit :]

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 pm
Am I a bot?

Below is my latest project with Kickstarter. I hope that everyone who’s interested in HELLAS will go have a look.

HELLAS: Action Deck
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1269000670/hellas-action-deck

The rules are http://www.godsendagenda.com/art/ActionDeckRules.pdf

The Action Deck helps Gamemasters and players mimic the ebb and flow of action in your cosmic Greek adventure story
Included within are
  • 72 full color cards for use with HELLAS
  • A Hero: That the player uses to augment his Hero’s abilities
  • Combat: Used to help add drama to combat
  • Plot Twist: Used to add unforeseen situations to a game
  • Random name, Personality, and Epithet generation for random encounters
  • Complete rules on how to use the deck in your HELLAS adventures

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
King Spammer

Now that is tempting. Your new packages have extra vinyl maps which I 'm fun of them... what should I buy now... :?: :?: :?:

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:07 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next