View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 25 Best Graphic Online Games 
King Spammer

Post 25 Best Graphic Online Games
http://my.mmoabc.com/article/Michael/1655.html?login=no

Top 25 MMORPG Graphics: East vs. West

by Michael Posted on Aug 24, 2007 at 11:38 AM 2 Comment(s)

From the far east to the west, there are many MMORPGs that have numerous similarities between them from gameplay to design. We are all familar with the pain of grinding, leveling, and farming. You always see these in MMORPGs. The differential factor that creates a distinction among these games is the graphics. Some of these games are already out in the market and some are upcoming. So lets take a look at these games and see which one is the best.

*Asian (East) MMORPG

25. Rappelz*

Pretty impressive graphics for a free-to-play MMO. Typical Asian MMO graphics but it looks a tad better than the average Korean MMO.

24. World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft may be the king of MMORPG but not in the graphics department. Some people argue it looks too cartoony, too simple, etc etc etc. I think it's time for a next-gen make over whenver WoW 2 is made...

23. Everquest II

Graphics not bad for a 3 year old game.

22. RF Online*

You have to admit, those are pretty awesome looking robots.

21. Final Fantasy XI*

The graphics look pretty nice. The details on the armor and weapons are pretty impressive.

20. Sword of the New World: Granado Espada*

One of the better looking Asian MMO graphically. I really like the classical theme look. Especially the musketeer with her dual guns.

19. Project Torque*

For one of the first MMOR title, the graphics look sweet! The reflection reminds me of NFS: Underground. I think this game will be a big hit.

18. The Chronicles of Spellborn

Another one of those games you probably never heard of, so here it is. The Chronicles of Spellborn is built around the Unreal engine. Looks pretty good in my opinion.

17. Guild Wars

Good ole' Guild Wars. For a MMO that doesn't have a monthly fee, the graphics are superb. Especially the post-processing effect. Makes the game look even better!

16. Fury

Fury is ready to unleash its fury. No really, Fury looks like to be one heck of a game. It looks great graphically and the gameplay sounds promising.

15. Tabula Rasa

Richard Garriott's new baby... I mean MMO game. The game looks pretty good. Nice details. Who would'nt mind fighting for humanity against aliens.

14. Lineage II*

One of NCsoft's gem. NCsoft really created an overhaul in the graphics department since Lineage. L2 looks great! Can't wait to see what Lineage III has to offer.

13. Aion: The Tower of Eternity*

Another game from NCsoft and this one looks really good. Flying around with your angel wings and exploring the beautiful scenery until someone smacks you from behind.

12. SUN: Soul of the Ultimate Nation*

Webzen's other MMO title and this one looks graphically awesome as well. I wouldn't mind giving this game a test drive!

11. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Besides the awful launch and putting aside the bugs, you can't deny this game looks good.

10. Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

From the books to the movies, and now to the online game, Turbine has created the beautiful world of Middle Earth with fantastic graphics.

9. The Agency

Still in the stages of development, the game looks great. It will be using the Unreal Engine 3.

8. Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

Greek mythology always fascinated me and with Perpetual's Gods & Heroes is no exception. This game has eye candy graphics from shiny armors and weapons with exceptional detail.

7. Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach

Dungeons and Dragons Online is one great looking game. Another title developed by Turbine with fantastic graphics!

6. Star Trek Online

"Resistance is Futile". The guys at Perpetual sure know what they're doing. Working on two big MMO titles at the same time. And both look great! Star Trek Online is being developed by the Proprietary Engine.

5. Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Is it safe to say this is a WoW clone with much much better graphics? I'm just kidding. Warhammer Online looks great. I really enjoyed playing the RTS series of Warhammer so my expectations for this game is pretty high.

4. Stargate Worlds

I'm not a fan of Stargate but I must admit that this game looks awesome. I wouldn't mind traveling through different dimensions or whatever it is when they go through the stargate exploring beautiful worlds.

3. Hellgate: London

What can I say... this game looks fantastic! Blasting monsters, equipping badass weapons and armor. What more can you ask for? It has the flavor of Doom and Painkiller mixed together.

2. Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

The Proprietary DreamWorld engine really shows its power for Age of Conan. Not only does the game look really good, you can chop off people's head! I'm not sure about the limbs. You also get to meet Conan himself and have naked pixel babes dance for you! What a kingdom I must say.

1. Huxley*

Even though the Western MMORPGs round up the top 10, Huxley dominates them all. Unreal Engine 3 meets MMORPG at its finest. Looks like a success formula. This game has the best graphics for a MMORPG until the next new comer who can take this title away.

By Michael Tong

Last edited by Nocture on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:17 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Διαφωνώ με τον τίτλο του post σου, καθώς το σχετικό άρθρο μιλάει ξεκάθαρα για τα γραφικά (και μόνο) και όχι για το gameplay.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]